Our Financial Coach is proud to present a hands-on financial management workshop for owners of small and medium enterprises in Maryland. If you wish to understand how your business performed this year and want to grow in 2016, then you absolutely have to mark your calendar for this event.
This workshop is designed to help you understand and implement sound financial management policies, gain familiarity with 3 key financial statements and most importantly reduce your anxieties regarding business financial management.
Who Should Attend?
Owners and managers of business ventures who wish to proactively manage and grow their business ventures in 2016 and beyond. Whether you engage an accountant to manage your books or struggle to prepare your statements yourself, this class is a must if you want to actively drive your business success in 2016 and beyond. Class size is limited to 20 to ensure each participant derives maximum benefit. This is a practical class – participants will learn and immediately apply concepts to their business during the class.
What will we cover?
- You and Your Business: Building and maintaining a beneficial relationship with your business. Learn if, when and how to withdraw funds for personal use from your business, and how to identify and control common mistakes that can stunt your business growth.
- Planning for success: Start 2016 on a solid note by planning for success. You will learn about budgets – the essential planning tool every successful business must have. “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail”— Benjamin Franklin.
- The 3 Master Keys: An X-ray of the 3 statements that tell the most comprehensive story about your business – The Statement of Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement.
- Focus on Profitability: In-depth review and preparation of the statement of profit and loss. You will learn how various transactions affect your business profitability. You will also understand the impact of cash and credit transactions. Each participant will prepare his or her business profit and loss statement for the month of December 2015. Please bring your bank statement and other records of your business transactions for December 2015.
- Sneak preview of future classes:
- Budget Preparation Workshop: Come prepared to translate your business goals into a proper budget.
- Budget review techniques
- Understanding your costs and pricing for profitability
- Month end closing check list – Financial Indicators that you and other stakeholders need to know, and how to effectively review your accountant’s work
- Cost and cash flow management strategies
- Financial control and fraud prevention best practices for your business
- Using and understanding business reporting tools such as Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
Date: Tuesday December 22, 2015
Venue: Columbia MD (Location address will be sent to confirmed to attendees)
Time: 5PM – 9PM (4 Hours)
Class Size: 20
Discounts: Early Bird -10% (Ends on December 17th). Referral – 10% (Discount will be issued after referred participant pays in full)
- Complete the course registration form
- You will receive an electronic invoice with payment instructions.
Workshop Facilitator: Tope Fajingbesi CPA ACA MBA
Tope is a social entrepreneur, author, financial coach and an inspirational speaker. She hosts Impact Africa a podcast that inspires listeners to participate actively in African development through entrepreneurship and job creation particularly for Africa’s growing youth population. She also invests considerable time and energy into creating a better world for children from low-income families through United for Kids Foundation, an organization she co-founded in 2002 and which she continues to serve as its Executive Director/Coordinating Trustee. Tope, a U.S. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a Nigerian Chartered Accountant (1999 ICAN prize winner) is the author of “What Color Is Your Money? Your Personalized Roadmap to Business Success.” She obtained a Bachelors degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos Nigeria, a Masters in Business Administration from the Goizueta Business School of Emory University in Atlanta, and attended the University of Oxford’s Women Transforming Leadership Program in October 2014. Her 17-year work experience in Nigeria and the U.S. include positions in Arthur Andersen, Pricewaterhousecoopers, nonprofit organizations and Fortune 500 corporations. Tope is also a fellow of the Salzburg Global Seminar Session 530 – “Value(s) for Money? Philanthropy as a Catalyst for Social and Financial Transformation.” She was one of 30 African leaders invited to the U.S. White House briefing and dialogue session in preparation for the 2014 U.S.-Africa leaders summit in May 2014.
“The Financial Seminar for Women got me dreaming big dreams for my business. Now I’m working on turning those dreams into reality. I highly recommend it!” – Fawzah A.
“The Seminar is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me in recent times. I was glad I could made it to Abuja for the seminar. I give kudos to our wonderful coach. Thumbs-up for her.” – Folashade O.
“Thanks for bringing Miss Tope Fajingbesi to change my financial life style. Kudos !!! I am just taking a look at my tracking and budget, and just keep smiling. Tracking of expenses has controlled my spending and I was able to achieve my budget beyond expectations. Above all My husband is loving it (I am adding other color to my Green and yellow.) I hope I will be able to sustain it. Thanks once again.” – Saidat S.